Rated People is the UK’s #1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with vetted, local tradespeople. We work with 50,000 tradespeople from over 30 trades and have over 1,000,000 homeowners posting jobs on our app and website.
Our goal is to make home improvements stress free and enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople, to drive trust and make the process as smooth as possible.
We are disrupting a £50 billion a year sector by providing homeowners a free and easy to use app and website to source tradespeople and offering tradespeople a highly effective channel to build their business and reputation.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We are continuously improving our service, and rapidly growing the business and brand. One of the teams at the centre of making this happen is our Marketing team.
Reporting to the Senior CRM Manager, as the technical Marketing Cloud expert on Rated People’s CRM team you’ll be the business’ go-to person for deciding on solutions and building the technical aspects of our communication strategy. With a deep understanding of data structures and complex automations, this role will support on driving growth within all customer retention and engagement channels as well as leading the way on CRM technical best practise and efficiency.
As powerful customer journeys are at the heart of our business strategy, this role is critical for championing best practice CRM, championing complex marketing automation and 1:1 personalisation. Taking a collaborative approach you will be working closely with key stakeholders across the business, including but not limited to the CTO, Product Engineering, Ops and Sales departments. This role is pivotal in demonstrating the value of targeted, personalised CRM comms in a successful online marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the solution and execution of advanced configuration/development activities across the full suite of SFMC modules based on business requirements.
- Ensuring maintenance of automations and database, including dealing with errors and devising processes to increase CRM’s efficiency.
- Ensuring the business is making the most of the Marketing Cloud Connector and working with Product to move automations and journeys from FTP file drops.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to develop new data, dashboards and insight to drive the strategy forward.
- Scope, build and deploy campaigns, journeys and automations in Salesforce Marketing Cloud across Email, Push and SMS, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to scope out data and content requirements.
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 3+ years in CRM.
- High level of commercial experience as a marketing cloud technical specialist and/or developer.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of SQL, AMPscript, HTML and CSS.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with experience working with: databases, data analysis and segmentation.
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of strong collaboration.
- Deep understanding of APIs and Marketing Cloud’s capabilities with Salesforce
- Understanding of data architecture.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud including automation studio, journey builder, contact builder and data extensions. Technical Marketing Cloud certifications highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of other workflow and analytics tools such as Jira, Google Analytics, and Email On Acid is highly desirable.
So why join us?
- Rocket fuel your career: We are the market leader in UK, we have some seriously talented go-getters in our business, and the opportunity for scale and ownership is strong
- Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to rapidly turn vision and ideas into reality
- Mature agile processes: Combining the best of Scrum, XP and Kanban, we believe in iterative problem solving and fast feedback
- Team spirit: We’re a small-ish team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day. We celebrate diversity of ideas and individuality
- Great company culture: from our ‘Thirsty Thursday’ team drinks, demos, training days and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff across the business
- Office digs: Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in central London (when we get back there!) with bike storage (and shower), for easy commuting, free tea, coffee and breakfast and lots of great food/drink options nearby
- Full remote working capabilities: so you can hit the ground running in this time of uncertainty
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday plus one extra for each year of service
- Perk rewards scheme (e.g. cinema tickets, restaurant and fuel discounts)
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard