Rated People is the UK’s #1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with vetted, local tradespeople. We work with 50,000 tradespeople from over 30 trades and have over 1,000,000 homeowners posting jobs on our app and website.
Our goal is to make home improvements stress free and enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople, to drive trust and make the process as smooth as possible.
We are disrupting a £50 billion a year sector by providing homeowners a free and easy to use app and website to source tradespeople and offering tradespeople a highly effective channel to build their business and reputation.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We are continuously improving our service, and rapidly growing the business and brand. One of the teams at the centre of making this happen is our Marketing team.
We are looking for a highly commercial, passionate and data-literate CRM expert to lead our CRM team. This is a pivotal role within our business, responsible for thousands of communications every week to our customers. You will lead the execution and growth strategy across our email and app channels, and partner with the rest of the marketing team to drive growth within all customer retention and engagement channels.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for driving revenue from both sides of the marketplace (homeowners and trades businesses). You will lead a team of two to devise and deliver data-driven multichannel CRM campaigns. You will be confident reporting and optimising on trading performance, frequently working directly with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team. You will work closely with our Social, Content, Brand and Acquisition teams to ensure their strategy and plans of activity are aligning with yours and hitting the targets.
As powerful customer journeys are at the heart of our business strategy, this role is critical for championing best practice CRM, championing complex marketing automation and 1:1 personalisation. Taking a collaborative approach you will be working closely with key stakeholders across the business, including but not limited to the Product Engineering, Ops and Sales departments. This role is pivotal in demonstrating the value of targeted, personalised CRM comms in a successful online marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the commercial strategy for CRM, setting targets and ensuring we are hitting them through new and optimised campaign strategies
- Drive the overall engagement and retention strategy for CRM, looking at ways to achieve rapid and sustainable growth
- Influence the retention and engagement performance agenda for all channels across the team including Social, Content, PPC, Affiliates, ATL and PR
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to develop new data, dashboards and insight to drive the strategy forward and ensure the lines of communication on in day trading are strong between CRM and the wider business
- Engender a data focussed and KPI driven way of working within the team, ensuring we are always on top of our numbers, rapidly spotting and fixing any issues
- Lead the team in ongoing review and optimisation of all our end-to-end customer communication strategies, to help nurture and retain our homeowner and tradesperson base
- Support your team to scope, build and deploy campaigns, journeys and automations in Salesforce Marketing Cloud across Email, Push and SMS, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to scope out data and content requirements
- Develop a test plan for iterative improvements and new initiatives, constantly improving in areas where performance needs to meet commercial objectives
- Work with stakeholders across the business to ensure a consistent customer experience. These include but are not limited to: Marketing, Product, Sales, Operations, Finance, third party suppliers
- Manage a team of two talented and capable CRM experts, to ensure efficient delivery and growth in the channel. Ensure they are getting all the stretch, support and development needed to help them thrive
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 5+ years in CRM
- Proven leadership expertise in the SFMC tool a must
- Highly numerate and analytical, with experience working with: databases, data analysis, segmentation and email marketing platforms
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of strong collaboration
- Very strong commercial acumen and knowledge of how CRM activity drives and effects the wider business
- Understanding of SFDC (sales cloud) and the CRM data structure
- Strong background in customer re-engagement and retention strategies
- Hands-on knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud including journey builder, automation studio, contact builder and data extensions plus build/deployment of Emails, Push and SMS
- Demonstrable working knowledge of SQL, AMPscript, HTML and CSS desirable
- Working knowledge of other workflow and analytics tools such as Jira, Google Analytics, and Email On Acid is highly desirable
- Ability to manage projects, organise and prioritise
- Ability to adapt to both strategic and hands-on requirements
- Team leadership and people development experience, passionate about building and growing successful teams
- Experience constructing and running A/B test strategies, demonstrating the incremental impact of CRM
- Experience of managing and implementing CRM strategies within a fast-moving, high growth environment highly desirable
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday plus one extra for each year of service
- Perk rewards scheme (e.g. cinema tickets, restaurant and fuel discounts)
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard