Rated People is the UK’s #1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with vetted, local tradespeople. We work with 60,000 tradespeople from over 30 trades and have over 1,000,000 homeowners posting jobs on our app and website.
Our goal is to make home improvements stress free and enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople, to drive trust and make the process as smooth as possible.
We are disrupting a £50 billion a year sector by providing homeowners a free and easy to use app and website to source tradespeople and offering tradespeople a highly effective channel to build their business and reputation.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We are continuously improving our service, and rapidly growing the business and brand. One of the teams at the centre of making this happen is our Marketing team.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands on, data-literate Performance Marketing Manager to run out PPC channel and drive commercial performance for the business. You will also play a critical role in shaping and delivering the growth strategy across all of our customer acquisition channels, including SEO, Social, ATL, and Affiliate partners.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Marketing, you will have responsibility for driving our online channels, particularly PPC, reporting and optimising on trading performance. You will be responsible for a significant amount of the marketing budget, and have a considerable influence on the performance of the business. You will be leading the efficiency improvements, analysis, optimisation and reporting in our paid search channel. An understanding of SEO best practice and its relationship with PPC will also be important. You will work closely with the other areas of the marketing and broader Rated People team to ensure aligned strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently run and profitably grow new and existing paid search campaigns, ensuring the best possible results are achieved at all time
- Update and improve PPC reporting and analysis capabilities, making sure the business has visibility on performance and strategy
- Building out existing keyword base to grow traffic to the website and explore areas that aren’t currently utilised
- Regular campaign reviews continually optimising for quality, conversion and margin
- Landing page testing and optimisation
- Managing and updating campaign bidding based on business intelligence, reporting and analytics
- Using Google AdWords, Bing, Google analytics and any other tools as required to manage activity, as well as to analyse and report on performance
- Support and innovate the performance of our paid marketing channels, including PPC, Affiliate and Partnership campaigns to help drive efficiency and hit targets
- Keeping up to date with the regular changes and updates within SEM
- Working with the product/development team to spec out projects for automating/improving daily tasks and bidding where possible
- Responsible for managing and reviewing budget and spend levels
- Influence the performance agenda for all channels across the team including CRM, social, content, ATL and PR
- Be at the cutting edge of customer acquisition and retention in marketplace business, test and suggest new digital advertising techniques and ideas
- With the rest of the Performance team, devise, develop and execute new test customer acquisition channels and campaigns, managing agencies where necessary
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to develop new data, dashboards and insight to drive the strategy forward and ensure the lines of communication on in day trading are strong between Acquisition and the wider business
- Use a data focussed and KPI driven way of working, ensuring we are always on top of our numbers, rapidly spotting and fixing any issues
What you will bring:
- 3+ years experience managing PPC activity
- Experience in managing lead generation and targeted campaigns
- Efficiently managing significant budgets for hundreds of campaignsacross multiple accounts
- Previous experience using various paid search management technologies and analytics tools
- A good understanding of the technologies used to run, track and optimise campaigns
- Strong experience of not only PPC and lead generation, but a broader appetite and understanding of acquisition through owned and earned channels and how that mix balances out
- Desirable additional skills
- Paid campaigns on social including Facebook
- SEO best practice
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, data literate
- Self-starter, who is willing and able to take initiative, make decisions and problem solve
- Strong commercial acumen and knowledge of how paid marketing drives and effects the wider business
- Ability to adapt to both strategic and hands-on requirements
- Previous experience within a marketplace business would be advantageous
- Relevant sector experience a plus – ideally lead generation background in a relatively young, tech-enabled consumer services business
So why join us?
- Rocket fuel your career:We are the market leader in UK, we have some seriously talented go-getters in our business, and the opportunity for scale and ownership is strong
- Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to rapidly turn vision and ideas into reality
- Mature agile processes: Combining the best of Scrum, XP and Kanban, we believe in iterative problem solving and fast feedback
- Team spirit: We’re a small-ish team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day. We celebrate diversity of ideas and individuality
- Great company culture: from our ‘Thirsty Thursday’ team drinks, demos, training days and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff across the business
- Office digs: Fully enabled remote working capabilities. When we’re back there: wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in central London, with bike storage (and shower), free tea, coffee and breakfast and lots of great food/drink options nearby
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Perk rewards scheme (e.g. cinema tickets, restaurant and fuel discounts)
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard