Rated People is the UK’s #1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with quality local tradespeople. We work with: 55,000 tradespeople from 30 trades, and have over 1,000,000 jobs by homeowners looking to care for their homes.
Our goal is to make home improvements enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople.
We are disrupting a £50 billion a year sector by providing homeowners a free and easy to use app and website to source tradespeople, and offering tradespeople a highly effective channel to build their business and reputation.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and believe working with us should be easy. One of the teams that makes this happen is our Marketing team
We are looking for a highly commercial, passionate and data-literate Head of Performance Marketing to lead our marketing acquisition team. You will create and lead the growth strategy across all of our customer acquisition channels, including SEO, PPC, CRM, Social, ATL, and Affiliate partners.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will have overall responsibility for driving the numbers, reporting and optimising on trading performance, frequently working directly with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team. You will work closely with our Social, Content, Brand and CRM teams to ensure their strategy and plans of activity are hitting the targets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the overall performance marketing strategy for all owned and earned channels, including SEO, CRM, Social and App, looking at ways to achieve rapid and sustainable growth
- Support and innovate the performance of our paid marketing channels, including PPC, Affiliate and Partnership campaigns to help drive efficiency and hit targets
- Manage a team of two direct reports, looking after PPC and SEO, and affiliate partners. Ensure they are getting all the stretch, support and development needed to help them thrive
- Lead and influence the performance agenda for all channels across the team including CRM, social, content, ATL and PR
- Be at the cutting edge of customer acquisition and retention in marketplace business, test and suggest new digital advertising techniques and ideas
- With the team, devise, develop and execute new test customer acquisition channels and campaigns, managing agencies where necessary
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to develop new data, dashboards and insight to drive the strategy forward and ensure the lines of communication on in day trading are strong between Acquisition and the wider business
- Engender a data focussed and KPI driven way of working within the team, ensuring we are always on top of our numbers, rapidly spotting and fixing any issues
What you will bring:
- Very strong commercial acumen and knowledge of how paid marketing drives and effects the wider business
- Proven delivery of high return on investment for paid advertising and revenue growth
- Experience of managing and implementing performance marketing strategies within a fast-moving, high growth environment
- Strong analytical skills, data literate
- Successful team leadership experience
- A good understanding of the technologies used to run, track and optimise campaigns
- Ability to adapt to both strategic and hands-on requirements
- Strong experience of not only PPC and lead generation, but SEO and acquisition through owned and earned channels and how that mix balances out
- Previous experience within a marketplace business would be advantageous
So why join us?
- Rocket fuel your career: We are the market leader in UK, we have some seriously talented go-getters in our business, and the opportunity for scale and ownership is strong
- Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to rapidly turn vision and ideas into reality
- Mature agile processes: Combining the best of Scrum, XP and Kanban, we believe in iterative problem solving and fast feedback
- Team spirit: We’re a small-ish team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day. We celebrate diversity of ideas and individuality
- Great company culture: from our ‘Thirsty Thursday’ team drinks, demos, training days and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff across the business
- Office digs: Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in central London, with bike storage (and shower), for easy commuting, free tea, coffee and breakfast and lots of great food/drink options nearby
WHAT WE OFFER
Our bright, open plan office has spectacular views over central London and offers an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Perx - Member Benefit Platform
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard