Rated People is the UK’s #1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with quality local tradespeople. We work with: 60,000 tradespeople from 30 trades, and have over 1,000,000 jobs by homeowners looking to care for their homes.
Our goal is to make home improvements enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople.
We are disrupting a £50 billion a year sector by providing homeowners a free and easy to use app and website to source tradespeople, and offering tradespeople a highly effective channel to build their business and reputation.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and believe working with us should be easy. One of the teams that makes this happen is our Finance team.
We are searching for a Financial Controller to contribute their passion and expertise to a vibrant and ambitious team. Working in a team of 4, under the supervision of the CFO the Financial Controller is a hugely influential role supporting board-level and senior team decision makers and enabling the wider team to understand business performance.
This is an opportunity to join a highly entrepreneurial, market leading business as a key part of its Finance team. We are seeking out a highly motivated Financial Controller who enjoys working with a great deal of autonomy against challenging deadlines to help deliver the leading marketplace in its industry. Innovation and disrupting the status quo is at the heart of what we do -- each of us has something unique to offer and our combined diversity makes us special.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management and Financial accounting, including month-end reporting, long term budgeting and short term rolling forecasts.
- Liaison work with our external accountants and auditors including preparation of annual accounts and tax returns
- Supporting fundraising processes, including preparing due diligence materials and maintaining the data room
- Continually evolve reporting and accounting systems to match the needs of the business as we create new channels and revenue streams.
- Assist in preparation of monthly materials for the Board of Directors
- Analyse and report on forecast variance to SLT and other senior stakeholders
- Review and improve upon internal controls
- Assist in the maintenance of the company's EMI options scheme (and pension/share ownership schemes going forward) and share register
- Supervision of Management accountant who will cover accounts payable and other accounting tasks
- Work on both project based and regular analysis initiatives cross-functionally across the business, as required.
What you will bring:
- You need to be able to communicate with other individuals across functions and levels to understand their requirements, extract information and help people understand and generate insights from the information presented.
- You need to be a self-starter, ideally with some experience of working within a group finance function. Working in a high growth online business with a constantly changing business you need to be comfortable in taking responsibility and being held accountable for the accuracy of your work.
- The work will range from short-term ad-hoc requests to longer term reporting/analysis projects and you need to be able to work with flexibility and quickly prioritise work to deliver value.
- Ideally qualified in a top 4 accountancy practice with 2-3 years post qualified experience working in industry, with a desire to work in a fast growth, online, entrepreneurial business that will offer challenge and the opportunity to create something unique and really add value in many areas of the business.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel
- Xero experience a plus
- Strong time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- Big 4 trained and ACA or ACCA qualified
- Strong A level or equivalent results as a minimum
What we bring:
- Opportunity: We are the market leader in UK and opportunity for scale and ownership and progression is strong
- Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to turn vision into reality
- Personal growth: We’re a small team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day
- Great company culture from our demo days to collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff
WHAT WE OFFER
Our bright, open plan office has spectacular views over central London and offers an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions